How can I convert a printable report to Excel File

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there!

I need to create a xls file with the data from a report. Is it possible to, instead of printting the report, create an excel file with the same information?

Thanks

Answers

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    There are many ways to get your printed reports to output to Excel. Navision 5.0 has some built in functionality to export to Word and Excel. This requires templates to be setup in order to work correctly. (Note that I am only basing that on the documentation as I have not implemented anything using this new functionality yet).

The other tried and true method that has been used time & time again is using the Excel Buffer (Table 370). Check out the Export Budget to Excel (Report 82). This should give you a useful example.

As there aren't as many restrictions when you're exporting to excel I recommend that you export data at as low a level as possible and don't worry about how many columns you export (unlike a printed layout). Normally the reason users want data exported to excel is so they can analyze it and setup pivot tables for further manipulation - so normally I try to provide as much raw data as possible so they can pick & choose what to ignore.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    We use this, comes in handy

http://www.print2excel.com/

it has its quirks, but for converting any report into excel it works, you just have to clean up the excel report a little,

for example if you print an inventory report you want your excel sheet to just have a long list of inventory items, but the orginal report created will have all the page breaks, and heading ect. so you have to clean those up, it is pretty easy.
  • JAYESHJAYESH Member Posts: 290
    Hi you can also use excel buffer table and export the data in to excel.

I thing report 10040 - Aged Account Receivables has this option to export data in to excel while running report.

Thank you..
    JAYESH PATEL