No splash screen

mikmarmikmar Member Posts: 3
Hi
Is there anyway of skip the first splash screen when starting Navision 3.7 and Navision 4.0 ?

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I'm afraid not. Why do you want to hide this screen? To hide the license info?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • mikmarmikmar Member Posts: 3
    No.
    We run Navision on Citrix environment (MFPS4.5 with R01) and after the upgrade to PS 4.5 Navision does not start if we doesnt change regkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\CtxHook\AppInit_Dlls\Multiple Monitor Hook
    Name: Flag
    Typ: REG_DWORD
    Value: 0
    (Default is 4)

Then Navision starts, but thsi give us other problems with seamless apps covering the hole taskbar on the client.
    My guess was that it can be the splash screen that crash Navision.

The error we get with the regkey = 4 is
    C/SIDE Glued: fin.exe - Application Error
    The exception Integer divison by zero.
    (0xc0000094) occurred in the application at location 0x004aa828
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The only problem with the Splash Screen that I can remember was when Navision 3.01 came out. The people in Denmark had created a new image for the splash screen, containing a big red ball in 3D. When starting Navision using Citrix, it took forever to load this splash screen.

Solution was to replace the image in the fin.exe file with a different image or with a black & white version. But this fix was unsupported ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Yes, as has been said, depends on what your reason for wanting to skip the splash screen is really :roll: There's no way from the application front end to skip the showing of the splash screen.

You could remove or replace the bitmap image from the executable using a resource hacker, but this would be unsupported and most likely contrary to some portion of the license agreement.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV