Menusite- where does Navision read the menu Shortcut

benteebentee Member Posts: 14
Menusite- where does Navision read the name Shortcut from?

Hi :-)

One of my clients are using Navision 4.0 SP1, Norwegian installation. All the users sees the Shortcut-menu translated to Snarveier. My client also uses Terminal services, and has 2 users that access Navision through the terminal server. One of the users sees the Shortcut-menu named as Shortcut, and the other one sees it as Snarveier (as it should!).
Does anyone know where Navison reads the name "Shortcut" from? All the rest of the menues shows in Norwegian, also for the user who sees "Shortcut".

Best regards
Bente

Answers

• lisakinslisakins Member Posts: 23
    Check how the user is logging into the Terminal Server. Look in C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\desktop.

You should see the shortcuts and their associated names in this area. Right click and go to properties to see the target exe. This can also contain the default .zup file and the default company.

Hope this helps.

Lisakins
  • benteebentee Member Posts: 14
    Hi again :-)

I found the solution. By the way, I was not speaking about shortcuts (like in the shortcuts you make on your desktop), I was speaking about the Shortcut-menu in the Navigation Pane, sorry if someone misunderstood :-)

The solution was to delete the user's post in the table "User Menu Level". This table contains all the changes the user has made to the Navigation Pane. When we first installed Navision on the Terminal Server, it was installed in English. And when the user then changed his Navigation Pane, the name "Shortcut" was also saved. Then we reinstalled Navision to the Norwegian installation, but the user's post in the "User Menu Level" was of course still there. So that's why one user had the name "Shortcut" on his Shortcut-menusite, and all the others had "Snarveier" on their Shortcut-menusite.

Thank's to the people who made a reply to my question!

Bente