4 purchase lines joined to 1 G/L entry

MarcelMarcel Member Posts: 26
Hello,

When i post a purchase invoice the 4 lines in the document are joined to 1 G/L entry.
De purchaseinvoice contains 4 lines with the same G/L number, different amounts, the same dimensions, different descriptions.
In the version we used before, the same action resulted in 4 G/L entries. Now we are using Navision 4.03.
Can anyone tell me how to i can make Navision to post 4 G/L entries again instead of 1?
Best Regards,

Marcel Bierens

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I might be completely wrong here, but I thought on documents it groups the entries by dimension. I guess that was a new feature in 4.0. I'm sure you could do a mod, but why do they need to be separate entries? Any reason other than visibility?
  • bostjanlbostjanl Member Posts: 107
    Marcel wrote:
    Hello,

When i post a purchase invoice the 4 lines in the document are joined to 1 G/L entry.
    De purchaseinvoice contains 4 lines with the same G/L number, different amounts, the same dimensions, different descriptions.
    In the version we used before, the same action resulted in 4 G/L entries. Now we are using Navision 4.03.
    Can anyone tell me how to i can make Navision to post 4 G/L entries again instead of 1?

You should do some costumization. You should add Description field to table 49 - "Invoice Post. Buffer" and then use this field in Codeunit 90 in functions UpdInvPostingBuffer and FillInvPostingBuffer. I think that you should also add this field to the primary key of table 49. I have done something like that, but it was a while ago, so can't remember it now.

bostjanl
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    In the 2.x Versions, all purchase lines which had the same Codes in all the Primary Key Fields of Table 49 Invoice Posting Buffer (Department Code and Project Code are different Dimension Entry Nos. now), these entries were also summed up in to one G/L Entry. If different descriptions are posted as different G/L entries that is not standard behavior, you will have to customize it your new system as bostjanl has suggested.

In one 2.6 to 4.0 upgrade I did, the primary key was reduced by the Developers toolkit's Compare & Merge functon to just the first field Type. This lead to to the sitution that only one G/L entry was created even if e.g. several VAT Values existed in the purchase. Luckily , this was discovered in the testing phase. After that I decided not to use the automatic merge for tables anymore. Lots of primary keys were reduced to one field and in some tables all secondary keys were deleted completely.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    Easiest way is to increase jobno in the posting codeunit.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can also add Line No as dimention, or modifed the buffer table and add line number to the PK and modify CU 90 to carry the field from purchase line.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    David Singleton