Permssions Problem

navimbsnavimbs Member Posts: 137
We are connected remotely through VPN to the Customer Server. I have a client session established at my end to the Customer's server.

I am getting permissions errors on creation/modification/alter of table objects.

The session has the Customer's license on it.

We are working on a merging assignment for the customer remotely.

Do i need to have my own developer's license to being able to modify the objects?

Plz reply...thnx

Comments

• wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
    Depends on the Customer License But Normally thay can't create/edit/Modify tables
    Normally they can create Dataports/Reports in a certain Number area
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Check if the client liscence has developerm rights, if not then you need to have developer liscence to alter and change the tables.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • navimbsnavimbs Member Posts: 137
    Hi,

What is the procedure for procuring the developer license in India?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    navimbs wrote:
    We are connected remotely through VPN to the Customer Server. I have a client session established at my end to the Customer's server.

I am getting permissions errors on creation/modification/alter of table objects.

The session has the Customer's license on it.

We are working on a merging assignment for the customer remotely.

Do i need to have my own developer's license to being able to modify the objects?

Plz reply...thnx

Hi NAVMBS,

working "remote" does not mean that you log into the customer's database and do development directly on that database.

What you should be doing, is have a local copy of the database which you do the development on, and then once everything is up running and thoroughly tested, you then export the changed objects and then import them into the Customers database.

It is very dangerous to make even small changes on the live system, and these do not look like "minor" changes.
    David Singleton
  • navimbsnavimbs Member Posts: 137
    Thanks for the Info David.

I was working on the Customer's Development database only, so no harm to the live db.

But i hv undstood, for a range of objects only i can work with the customer's license, but for others i need the developer license n tht is mandatory.

Thnx a lot :)
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Not necessarily, you can add fields to a target database, even when you don't have any rights to do so in a developer license, it just takes a lot of time. Read my reply in the other thread.