No Windows authentification possible after Update to 4.0 SP2

wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
AFter we've updated we can't access Navision through Windows Authentification. Only DB Auth.

Any ideas where to look ?
](*,)

Comments

• DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    Are you running on SQL? If so, have you run the synchronization of security from the Tools menu?

If you're running on a SQL database , there's a good whitepaper available to explain Security http://dynamicsuser.net/files/12/docume ... y3851.aspx

Hope this helps,
    Richie
  • wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
    Thanks datapac but we tried to synchr. the user but this didn't have any effect.

I read the dokument in your link.

They talk about enhanced and standard. How can We change this in Navision ? :roll:
    I'm having problems with the single user synch myself at the moment on 4.0 SP2, but the Synch All option works. Have you tried using the Synch all? It might take a while to run but it seems to be more reliable.

To change from Enhanced to Standard, or vice versa, refer to the whitepaper (pages 9 & 10).

Hope this helps,
    Richie
    Hello Datapac,

I can't see the Security Field in the ALTER Database Form, just the Locking and Caching group.

I checked and we have Version 4.0 sp2 installed.

Any hints?
    I've had a reply to my earlier post that suggests there is a problem with security in 4.0 SP2, see the following:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20374

I'm not sure why you don't see the Security Model field in the Advanced tab of the Alter database form? It appears as expected here. Are you sure you're opening an SP2 SQL database with an SP2 SQL client?

Have you tried a full Synchronisation? Apart from upgrading to SP3 as suggested by Denster in the post above, this is the only suggestion I have.
  • TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    Have you applied the latest updates for 4.02 ?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Did you make sure you have:
    - SQL Server set to mixed mode
    - added the extended stored procedures
  • matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
    DenSter wrote:
    Did you make sure you have:
    - SQL Server set to mixed mode
    - added the extended stored procedures

I have the same problem but in 4.03, which stored procedures you mean?
    Yes we made sure that the SQL Server is on Windows and Database Auth.

We did everything which was in the white paper but we still don't see in the Database Form the Enhanced or standard option.

The Synch. All doesn't work either.

If we add new users we can see the windows users, we can add them and provide them with roles, but the users cannot connect. (User or passowrd NOT correct.) ](*,)
    Matias,
    The extended stored procedures that should be in your master database are xp_ndo_enumusersids & xp_ndo_enumusergroups.
    If you need further information on them, refer to the whitepaper link earlier in this post.
    [/quote]
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You need SP3 for the standard security model option.
    Did you already upgrade to SP3, or are you still on Sp2?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    We did everything which was in the white paper but we still don't see in the Database Form the Enhanced or standard option.
    This option is in the SQL Option, go to File -> Database -> alter, and the security model should be on the 'advanced' tab. If it is not there, then you do not have a NAV version that supports the two security model.

Open Help -> About, and check the version between the parentheses. Doubleclick this version number and check the build number.
    Datapac wrote:
    Matias,
    The extended stored procedures that should be in your master database are xp_ndo_enumusersids & xp_ndo_enumusergroups.
    If you need further information on them, refer to the whitepaper link earlier in this post.
    [/quote]

I do not have this stored procedures, but this stored procedures are not in the server which is working Navision 3.7 now. This is a new issue?.. Where can I get this stored procedures?
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    He is talking about the xp_ndo.dll that's on the NAV CD.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    It's on the product CD, I believe in the folder called 'ESP'. There will be a dll as well as a readme.txt that explains what to do. If you can't find the folder on the product cd, then there should be a SQL Server option on the installation menu, and in there should be a link to the readme file.
    Sorry, I had the store procedure, I was looking in the wrong place. I don't know how to do :|
    Read the readme file, all the instructions are in there.