Quantity Fluctuations

Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
Hi there,

Does anyone know how to record quantity fluctuation on the purchase order especially an increase e.g.: we ordered 100 pcs. but we actually received 110 pcs or it could be a percentage that we and the vendor agree on i.e.: a +/- percentage, we might consider this order is closed if we received a +/- this percentage of the quantity? The same thing for the a sales order.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Best Regards

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Not completely sure what you mean by record? but

For overages we do several things dependin on the situation.

Say we Order 100 & Get 110 we can either::
    1)Change the original Qty ordered to 110
    2)Add an additional line to the po for 10
    3)Use an item journal to positive adjust the item's inventory.

now with options 2 & 3 you can "adjust" 8-[ the cost to zero if nobody knows about the overages :whistle:

Also you can add/change the description on the po or Item Lesdger Entry with a little comment about where the additional merch came from.
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi,

I had done one customisation for my client.
    my client wanted to set the excess qty receipt tolerance%
    in P.O. line. I have given one field in P.O. line where, user
    will enter the excess Qty tolerence%(e.g 10) and If Qty in
    P.O line is = 100, Then system will allow to receive warehouse
    user 10% more i.e 110 pcs.

1. For this you may have to add code in Code Unit - Purchase Post
    2. also you have remove validation in Warehouse Receipt line(if using warehouse module)
    3. Also you have to remove validation in Ite trackinf form(if using Item tracking)
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Done exactly the same, with the following difference: there is an invoicing tolerance set up for each customer/vendor card. The bespoke routine will amend the quantity on the sales/purchase order up to the tolerance - saving the original quantity into a new field. If it's over the tolerance, it creates the rest in a new line with zero price.

It's a fairly challenging stuff, f.e. having to reopen and release the order, disable some error messages in the system etc. so if your solution center doesn't have someone with 2-3 years of Navision programming experience better outsource it to a freelancer.

I thought maybe we should release it as an add-on as we need to do it at every second client but it's not practical as it contains modifications in multiple standard objects.