Creation of PICK error : [Nothing to Handle]

KimKim Member Posts: 85
Hi;
I have a problem when trying to Create a Pick from the Warehouse Shipment screen. I am getting the error that there is nothing to handle. I have confirmed that no pick was created for the Shipment.
What could be the problem!
](*,)

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Do you actually have stock in the location/bin available to pick for the item?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • KimKim Member Posts: 85
    Yes, there is stock in that location it was transferred to the location successfully
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Hi,

I had similar issues I think a year back, and I spent some time to debug on the program just to know how the program works.

Go to Codeunit 'WMS Management' and go to function CalcInvtAvailQty

Take a look at the return value of this function:

EXIT(
    Inventory - QtyReceivedNotAvail - QtyAssgndtoPick -
    ABS("Reserved Qty. on Inventory") - "Qty. Picked" + QtyShipped);

This is the one that 'decide' whether you have available qty to pick or not.

It is more complicated than whether you have stock or not on that particular Bin/Location.

For example, there may be qty. in the Bin/Location, but it is already at another Pick Line, or maybe the qty. in the Bin/Location has not been put-away yet, or other scenarios.

I suggest you go to the particular error message and try to debug and see the value of the variables above. Then you'll be able to get clearer picture, on why the program 'thinks' that you don't have enough available quantity to proceed.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
    Thanks Jon for the insight;
    Have tried to debug but the problem seems to start at Report 7318
    where am getting
    QtyToPickBase := 0 and QtyToPick := 0

The error is being returned in CodeUnit 7312 below!

CreateWhseDocument(VAR FirstWhseDocNo : Code[20];VAR LastWhseDocNo : Code[20])

WhseActivHeader.LOCKTABLE;
    IF WhseActivHeader.FIND('+') THEN;
    WhseActivLine.LOCKTABLE;
    IF WhseActivLine.FIND('+') THEN;
    TempWhseActivLine.RESET;
    IF NOT TempWhseActivLine.FIND('-') THEN
    ERROR(Text000);
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Are you using Item tracking?. A common mistake by end users is creating a pick document and not assign tracking ,leading to a error message of nothing to handle.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
    Yes am using item tracking and have also confirmed that the users entered the Item tracking lines correctly!
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Hi Kim,

The error is thrown at CU 7312, but actually the cause is CU 7302 (WMS Management) at the CalcInvtAvailQty function, which return you zero. This zero will cause the program didn't create the TempWhseActivLine record, which is checked on CU 7312.

Go to CU 7302, before the exit function, do a breakpoint.

Take a look at the value of Inventory, QtyReceivedNotAvail, QtyAssgndtoPick, "Reserved Qty. on Inventory", "Qty. Picked" and
    QtyShipped. Or you can do the lame way, with the MESSAGE also :)

I'm sorry, off hand I couldn't explain more indepth on what is what, but if you follow this way, I am sure you'll be able to solve your problem soon.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
    Jon; am sure will be able to sort out the issue...

Thanks
  • venus1022venus1022 Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone found an answer to this problme. It keeps happening of and on at our company and need to find a resolution to it.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    One possible reason for this could be there are adjustments in the journals waiting to be posted...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
    I am having the same problem (NAV 2009 SP1, RTC). It worked before and now it won't. I definitely have stock and am trying to create a pick for a non-serialized item. I am not a developer.... what do I do?
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    almhansen wrote:
    I am having the same problem (NAV 2009 SP1, RTC). It worked before and now it won't. I definitely have stock and am trying to create a pick for a non-serialized item. I am not a developer.... what do I do?

Contact your Partner :thumbsup:
  • varun_arora26513varun_arora26513 Member Posts: 5
    Check your posted receipts may be you will find some receipts whose put-away doc is yet to register.
  • almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
    And how do you put away something with a posted receipt when the put-away document was not created? We do not have full warehouse (directed pick and put), but do require picks and put (on the warehouse setup).
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    almhansen wrote:
    And how do you put away something with a posted receipt when the put-away document was not created? We do not have full warehouse (directed pick and put), but do require picks and put (on the warehouse setup).
    Go to Posted Whse. Receipt, function Create Put-away.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Kim wrote:
    Hi;
    I have a problem when trying to Create a Pick from the Warehouse Shipment screen. I am getting the error that there is nothing to handle. I have confirmed that no pick was created for the Shipment.
    What could be the problem!
    ](*,)
    Check the Bin Content.
    Regards,
    Andwian