How to recover password of SUPER USER.

sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
Hi,

If we lost password of SUPER user then how we get it back if no user having super role.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you use native server and database auth., no chance. if you lost the Password than you must call your solution center or Microsoft dynamics Nav distributor.

In past there was an option with 20 ? (question marks) but since 4.0 this is not possible.

With other words:
    So, you have an problem #-o
    And this problem can be very expensive ...... [-o<

The only chance is, if you use the MS SQL Server and the Super user is an Windows user or an SQL Server Authentication.
    Then you can reset / change the password in AD / Sql Server.
    thats easy, for this ask you DBA.

For the future. create two super users an store the password securely :idea:
    Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best will be to restore latest backup, if you are using Native DB. There is no way around, excluding possibility of Microsoft tool to access corrupted databases.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Yes i forgot, the backup option. If you restore an native backaup (fbk) then you are automaticly super user. delete / change the super passeword. Now you have full acc. But you must restore all transactions between backup and restoing time
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    Should point out that the backupoption only works for some versions of the native. Just mentioning this in case it doesn't work for you. It is however the only option in native.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    if you have previously set up an odbc connection with the password, you can connect through Microsoft access and link to the user table, where you can delete the password for the user, then login with a blank password and change it.

This is if your odbc connection that was previously setup has permission to access the user table.