Calculate Standard Cost

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there!

I need to recalculate all the standard cots for all the items with standard value in the field "Costing method" in the item card... I only know how to do it item by item (Item\Manufacturing\calc. standard cost).
Is it possible to calculate the standard costs automatically??? Or must I still doing it one by one???

Thanks

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

I need to recalculate all the standard cots for all the items with standard value in the field "Costing method" in the item card... I only know how to do it item by item (Item\Manufacturing\calc. standard cost).
    Is it possible to calculate the standard costs automatically??? Or must I still doing it one by one???

Thanks

Oddly this is a VERY common request. Most manufacturing companies that use standard cost have a requirement to regularly (every three months, maybe every year) to update standard costs, but no its not standard.

Also its not as easy as it first seems. You would expect just to create a batch based on item and call the function, but there are a lot of issues with recursion, and BOM header status etc. I have found that you need to write a specific process for each client depending on how they use BOMs.
    David Singleton