Object import

jrmibusojrmibuso Member Posts: 4
I have a report object 10xxx, which I rename under 50xxx. After modification, could I import the exported "50xxx" under the original "10xxx" !? Thank you !

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Just export is as a text file and change the object number on the first line. Then you can import it as whatever you want.
  • jrmibusojrmibuso Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the response. I have done as instructed. I have exported the '50xxx' as 'txt' file and changed it as '10xxx' (without Name conflict), but I got 'You do have permissions to create .....'. I do have all the permissions. Any clue !?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Check that you are using the correct license file.
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    10 000 range it’s specific to Microsoft. If your license permits it you can modify objects but you can’t create new objects on that range.

50 000 to 99 999 it’s customer range. So you must create new objects in that range.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • jrmibusojrmibuso Member Posts: 4
    The license file is good with the right permissions. The one thing I could think of is, if the '10xxx' does not exist since it was renamed to '50xxx' and I change the first line of '50xxx.txt' from '50xxx' to '10xxx', that could possibly an issue. Thanks !
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    What nunomaia said is very right. If you change your 10### ID to the client 50### to 99### Id it should work.

It will asked you to compile it before you can run it. just compile and then run.
  • mismismismis Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

I m trying to import from a txt and I receive the following error message:
    The length of the source exeeds the size of destination buffer”

All field lenghts are duely respected. What van be the problem?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    mismis wrote:
    Hi,

I m trying to import from a txt and I receive the following error message:
    The length of the source exeeds the size of destination buffer”

All field lenghts are duely respected. What van be the problem?
    :?:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20320