Filtering using a Flowfilter

Demonic240Demonic240 Member Posts: 65
Greetings all,

I am using three different flow filters to sum up the Amount based on the Salesperson Code, Div/Dep, and Accounting Period. The flowfield is working perfect and updates properly. The issue, however is on our form (it's a table form with the flow filters above) I want the table to filter according to what is in the Flowfilters. It worked fine before we changed the fields from normal types to flowfilters. Now we can't seem to get any of the entries to change.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    So you are typing in the flowfilters on the form?

Are you doing a CALCFIELDS when you change the values?
  • Demonic240Demonic240 Member Posts: 65
    I just ran a test on the first flowfilter to pop up a message after you input a number using:
    salesmanfilter:="Salesman Filter";
    MESSAGE('The value of %1 is %2','SalesmanFilter',salesmanfilter);

The message pops up with the value of %1 but %2 is blank.
    matttrax wrote:
    So you are typing in the flowfilters on the form?

Are you doing a CALCFIELDS when you change the values?

Yes, we are typing directly into the flowfilters on the form. No we are not using CALCFIELDS onvalidate. Though I think I might have tried that at one point.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I seem to remember that you can't display flowfilter values is dialog boxes. I always hated that.

Perhaps a message to show rec.GETFILTERS? I can't remember if that includes the flowfilters or not.

I would definitely do a CALCFIELDS after validation on the text box on the form. And then a currform.UPDATE.
    I'm trying get the rec.GETFILTER to work but it keeps popping back the message: "The return value should be used for this function."
    Huzzah.
    salesmanfilter:=rec.GETFILTER("Salesman Filter");

worked. It's now properly filtering out the table.