two VAT registation numbers

tbctbc Member Posts: 11
Hey do anybody knows if it is possible to have to vat regisration numbers in Navision?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you want two VAT Reg. no. for one customer, it is not possible. For me, two VAT Reg. nos. are two csutomers in NAV because each Reg. no. mean different company.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • magie61magie61 Member Posts: 4
    That' s not quite correct. If you mean it is not possible to have two VAT Reg.Nos in the same country then I agree. But it is possible to have a VAT Reg.No. in several countries for the same company. We have e.g. a German and a French VAT. Some of our customer also have two VAT Reg.Nos.
    Sometimes it would be very helpful we could attach several VAT Reg.Nos. for the same customer.
    Kind regards
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me it is interesting, because I never heard that. But for me it is still about question "to which customer I am invoicing it - to German one or French one?" And if it is still same company, with one address, you will use the VAT of your country (of course, in case when you have office in more countries, there can be problem). But you can try to add the VAT Reg. No. to Ship-To address table and take it from there when used (it is just example...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I agree with Kine.
    You still have to invoice to a VAT Reg. No. ... so you can make two customers of that.

YOu have only one address? Or also a French one and German one?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • magie61magie61 Member Posts: 4
    We have only one address in Germany but for our French VAT we have a tax representative in France.
    Regarding Ship-To address I will check it out.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
  • tbctbc Member Posts: 11
    thank you guys....

i found out thaht you can have more then one Vat number in company information. but still working with the problem.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    The company contact for a customer also has the VAT registration number
    but it is disabled on the individual contact.

You could enable this so that an individuals contact VAT registration would be used if it was selected.

Other wise the company could have VAT by responsability centre EG France Sales or Germany sales or even a VAT Dimension using the country code of the customer to assign the correct VAT number ?