Vendor Evaluation in NAV

souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
Hi,
How do i do a Vendor evaluation in Navision for giving Purchase Order. Can anybody suggest on the same/ the fields which i need to consider for evaluation of vendors and how to do the customization.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you want to evaluate how the vendor is fullfilling the orders, you will need some customization, but it depends on which values you want to evaluate. You need to have e.g. Original ordered quantity and real received quantity, expected receive date and real receive date etc. But because I do not know your system, I am not able to say what you need.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    souravb wrote:
    Hi,
    How do i do a Vendor evaluation in Navision for giving Purchase Order. Can anybody suggest on the same/ the fields which i need to consider for evaluation of vendors and how to do the customization.

There are classes and books that discusses this issue extensively. But from I gather from our customers, here are a couple of things to consider:
    1. Fill Rate
    2. Delivery Time
    3. Item turnover
    4. Margin
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

You also need to decide what you are measuring, orders as a whole, line detailed delivery is a consideration and how are you quantifying this, total quantities, part deliveries, early or late deliveries on days or working days etc etc
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • pandusp167pandusp167 Member Posts: 10
    :-k

Vendor Evaluation is basically classified as follows :

1. Vendor Audit Process for Registration (this can be handled thru Contact Management)

2. Vendor Process Audits (defined frequency) (this can be handled thru Contact Management)

3. Quality, Delivery and Supply based evaluation and ratings to the vendor

You can also go thru these concepts outside Navision, these concepts actually defer from client to client.

This can be done in Navision by providing various questionaire in Contacts --> Profiles user will update this information
    based on these questionaire informaion reports could be generated.

For Quality related ratings Navision already have reports, for delivery related ratings based on defined parameters reports should be customised.