Bank To Bank Transfer

souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
Hi All,
I have the following problem:
I have two banks, one collection bank and one payment bank. When we pay to a customer payment will be made from payment bank, and when we receive payments from customers we receive at collection bank. There will be no fund transfer from payment to collection bank. How to acheive that? Plz help me out.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You have 2 options depending legal issues in your country. All these options are using a General Journal.

1 -Transfer from bank account amount with balance account type of G/L Entry. Move amount to G/L account and move again to with same method from G/L account to bank account.

2 – Instead of moving to G/L account you can move directly to another account bank. Select balancing account type as bank and select correct bank.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
    nunomaia wrote:
    You have 2 options depending legal issues in your country. All these options are using a General Journal.

1 -Transfer from bank account amount with balance account type of G/L Entry. Move amount to G/L account and move again to with same method from G/L account to bank account.

2 – Instead of moving to G/L account you can move directly to another account bank. Select balancing account type as bank and select correct bank.

Actually we want to customize it, whenever a payment is received it will be in the collection bank and whenever a payment has to be done it will be through the payment bank. Whenever an user tries to make payment using the collection bank, system will throw an error and vice versa.
    How to acheive through customization?
    I don't find out where is the problem. Can you tell me the error message?
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
    nunomaia wrote:
    I don't find out where is the problem. Can you tell me the error message?

Actually we are trying to write the validation in Gen. Jnl.- Check line that when the user selects the balancing account type as bank and Selects the colection bank instead of the Payment Bank then the system would through an error like 'Please select the correct bank'. We are a bit confused about where to write the validation..
    That error seems to me custom development. I advise you to check that.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Actually we want to customize it, whenever a payment is received it will be in the collection bank and whenever a payment has to be done it will be through the payment bank. Whenever an user tries to make payment using the collection bank, system will throw an error and vice versa.

There is no need of customization at all.
    Make two batches of Receipts & Payments. Adjust the window fields accordingly, i.e. show only credit amount field in Receipts Batch and Vice versa. Use the default balancing bank accounts accordingly, i.e. Collecting bank a/c in receipts batch and paying bank a/c in paying bank.

and your job is done... :)
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Deep wrote:

There is no need of customization at all.
    Make two batches of Receipts & Payments. Adjust the window fields accordingly, i.e. show only credit amount field in Receipts Batch and Vice versa. Use the default balancing bank accounts accordingly, i.e. Collecting bank a/c in receipts batch and paying bank a/c in paying bank.

and your job is done... :)
    The error message “'Please select the correct bank'” I never had seen it. I don’t know if it’s a customization or if it’s a specific feature of Indian localization.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The error message “'Please select the correct bank'” I never had seen it. I don’t know if it’s a customization or if it’s a specific feature of Indian localization.

This is not a error message , sauravb wants this message from the system.
    Actually we are trying to write the validation in Gen. Jnl.- Check line that when the user selects the balancing account type as bank and Selects the colection bank instead of the Payment Bank then the system would through an error like 'Please select the correct bank'. We are a bit confused about where to write the validation

As deep has suggested give user two journals. One with balance account type as bank and payment bank as balance account number. Further payment to customer should have document type as refund. User should be able to select the customer, credit amount field, apply document field and balance account type & no. should be uneditable.
    Do the same for receipt from customer. The document type should be payment, rest all is same.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
    I agree with deep also,

You can do it by assigning a batch to each type of transaction either on the same journal (General Journal) or create one for receiving in the cash receipt journal and for paying in the payment journal and you can set the shown fields as you want.