LS Retail - Data Director License

valanrvalanr Member Posts: 22
We are replicating the data from stores to HO through LS Data Director.
Initally stores and HO had the Navision Native databases.Now we have converted the native database to SQL in HO only.
We have chenged the plugin in HO as msplugin.Now the HO data director is not connecting with the license provided by the partner.
Kindly suggest a best way to sort out this.

Thanks & Regards

Valan

Comments

• jmlozaresjmlozares Member Posts: 110
    Have you tried testing the connection on the HO side? What is the specific error code that you've encountered? You might want to look at the Systems Connection property from the Data Director Configuration? Remember that systems connection or connection string vary from every dbms.

Best Regards,
    Jan
    Janderol Lozares Jr.
    Manila, Phils.
  • valanrvalanr Member Posts: 22
    Thank you for your kind reply

My error code is "12296:Error COnnecting to Database"

I have changed the connection strings based on the SQL server.

When connecting to DD the status for "Connecting-->OK" and the "Accessing table-->...." and throwing the error.

The database is connecting fine without DD by "Test Connection"

Regards

Valan
  • david_sdavid_s Member Posts: 1
    valanr wrote:
    Thank you for your kind reply

My error code is "12296:Error COnnecting to Database"

I have changed the connection strings based on the SQL server.

When connecting to DD the status for "Connecting-->OK" and the "Accessing table-->...." and throwing the error.

The database is connecting fine without DD by "Test Connection"

Regards

Valan

Try this, it works on my system:
    Make new Version ID (i.e. 3.60-SQL) in Dist. Location Version, for plugin ID leave "fin" (not "ms") and for plugin string type "ndbcs@360" (or what other version you use, the thing is "ndbcs"), and choose that version on Distribution Location Card for HO. You don't need ms plugin.
    Pozdrav,

David
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    What is the version of LS? after throwing the error, did you check the system event log? what does it shows there?
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • anilkumaranilkumar Member Posts: 136
    Have you changed Net Type to def - ? Check this.
    Anil Kumar Korada
    Technical Consultant