How to open WordPad and Store data in Blob field

pedwardpedward Member Posts: 11
Hi Experts,

I am new to Navision. Could you please help me out its kinda urgent. And i have no clue how to do that.

I am working in Nav 5.0, so what i have to do, is to create a table with following fields

ID, FileData (blob field)

So now when i click the FileData, system opens up a WordPad file. Then when i enter data in that file and save it, it is saved in that table field.

I have seen NaviPad that could be a good option but we dont have to provide any dll to our clients. Could you please tell me what should i do.

Thanks in Advance
P.Edward

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Check the downloads section. There's a program (for free) that Waldo wrote that will allow you to attach notepad or wordpad into Navision.
  • pedwardpedward Member Posts: 11
    I have already tried out waldo, navision pad and stuff.
    But its not something i am looking for... i dont want my client to register the dll.

I am already using Navision pad but i want to avoid that client installation. So whats the work around.

How do i register the .dll at runtime.

Thanks,
    P.Edward
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    How to register dll at runtime :?:

Store the dll into an table (BLOB) before you run the function that calls the dll check in tabel Automation Server if your dll is registred on local machine

like this:
    if not MyAutomationFunction('@*My DLL Name*') then begin
      IF ISCLEAR(WshShell) THEN
        CREATE(WshShell);

Stream Out the data from Blob Field to envirion('Temp') + 'DLLName' + '.dll'
      //if you need the output text
      //WshExec := WshShell.Exec('regsvr32 <path & filename of dll or ocx that you stream out>'); 

//if you need info if installation success
      Variant1 := 0;
      Variant2 := TRUE;
      INTVAR := WshShell.Run('regsvr32 <path & filename of dll or ocx>',Variant1,Variant2); 

if IntVar = 1 then
        error('Error durin installation of %1. Ask you Navision guru',YOURDLLNAME);
    end;

MyAutomationFunction(Parameter Text 250)
    AutomationServer.RESET;
    AutomationServer.SETfilter(Name,'%1',Parameter);
    EXIT(not AutomationServer.ISEMPTY);

Do you make it right, it works too!