Need to be able to drill down to subsidaries of the subsidar

Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
I have a request from my customer that they need to drill down in the main holding company to see the performance of the subsidaries of the subsidaries.

The main issue is that the customer has 18+ companies and only 2 of them are in Navision. The users do not have a problem converting all the data to XML format. However, they want to be able to drill down beyond the child company to the grandchild company without creating all the child or grandchild companies in Navision.

I know that standard Navision does not handle this issue but does any one know of a 3rd Party add-on or a solution to handle this matter?

Thanks
Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Do you mean you want to use the default "drill down" functionality? This is going to be very difficult, i'm afraid.

Furthermore, you could always create some integration tables to upload your company data in (through XML, CSV, ... doesn't matter). And work with that data ... .

:-k

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I have a request from my customer that they need to drill down in the main holding company to see the performance of the subsidaries of the subsidaries.

The main issue is that the customer has 18+ companies and only 2 of them are in Navision. The users do not have a problem converting all the data to XML format. However, they want to be able to drill down beyond the child company to the grandchild company without creating all the child or grandchild companies in Navision.

I know that standard Navision does not handle this issue but does any one know of a 3rd Party add-on or a solution to handle this matter?

Thanks

The way to do this is to create a consolidation company. In this company you get a summary of all the company structure and financial details.
    David Singleton
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412

Thanks

The way to do this is to create a consolidation company. In this company you get a summary of all the company structure and financial details.

Good solution.
    And with dimensions, you could split the different companies' data in that one company.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
    Thanks all. Forgot about using dimensions.

I am testing it on the test database. I will update you on the results.

Tan Eng Siong
    Tan Eng Siong