Last 100 Posts

WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
edited 2007-08-17 in Feedback
Isn't it possible to provide some kind of "last 100 posts" page?

Now, we've got a page with New Posts ... but when I get an email with a link to a thread ... I loose all my unread new posts... . (Am I making sense?).

just an idea ...

Eric Wauters
MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
My blog

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to use RSS to watch for New unread posts... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Yes I would also like to be able to visit mibuso without losing unread posts. Many times when I know I won't have enough time to read all new posts I don't even open the website, because I'll lose all the new posts.

Is it possible to set it up so that a thread is only marked 'read' if you actually read it, or when you want to manually set it that way?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I understand your problem.

I'll look at the mods for the forum software, if I can come up with a solution. As I'm not a great PHP-developer, I'll have to look if something has been developed before.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    I'll look at the mods for the forum software, if I can come up with a solution. As I'm not a great PHP-developer, I'll have to look if something has been developed before.
    Are you looking for something like this? ;-)
    BTW: In phpBB3 you are able to store the unread information in the database without any MODs.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
    Yes, I found it already in the phpBB MOD's database (a more recent version). Will apply it to this forum when I find the time ...
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Luc, you're the best!
    =D>

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    I'm only taking the grieves of my users very seriously. If they come up with great ideas, I can add great features to the forum and website ;-)
    I have added the "Keep unread flags" mod to this forum. This mod keeps the unread flags for a topic active until the topic is read.

A new icon "Mark post as unread" is now displayed with every topic, next to the "Report post" icon. This button allows the user to mark the topic unread again from that post onwards (a sort of bookmark function).

To start, it's probably a good idea to reset the Unread-counters, using Mark all forums read
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Thanks, Luc, this is certainly going to help me =D>

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Additionally, you can use the link "Mark all topics read" for each forum, if you don't want to read all topics in order to clear this flag. This link (which is a standard feature of this forum) is available on top of every page, at the right side.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Excellent Luc, thank you very much. Now I can just visit mibuso for a minute or two without losing the unread topics. :mrgreen: