Error while expanding Navision database

milindmilind Member Posts: 130
Navision displays an error message while expanding the database It also displays an error message while performing the certain task .The error message occurs on clients also

[/b]

Comments

• PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    And the errormessage is? My chrystal globe is broken, and the in-house fortune-teller is on vacation... :wink:
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    I think the error message is "The task has completed successfully."

Seriously some non-English users report this as an error as there is no differentiation between an error prompt & a notification prompt
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    milind wrote:
    Navision displays an error message while expanding the database It also displays an error message while performing the certain task .The error message occurs on clients also
    [/b]

Are the user rights on the server set up OK?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    milind wrote:

[/b]

Note that the Navision Version Principle is disabled whilst expanding a database. So if you get any errors during expansion, then the database can be corrupted. If this has happened, then you will need to recover the database.
    David Singleton
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Waldo wrote:
    milind wrote:
    [/b]

Are the user rights on the server set up OK?

What user rights are you referring to?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    If I remember correctly, the service account (of the database service) should be able to write to the folder/file of the fdb... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog