Duplicate inoices

CPettieCPettie Member Posts: 7
Has anyone ran into a situation in which 2 users create the same Sales Invoice number, resulting in one of the users writing over the other's details?

If so, how did you address the issue?

Thanks.

Craig.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    CPettie wrote:
    Has anyone ran into a situation in which 2 users create the same Sales Invoice number, resulting in one of the users writing over the other's details?

If so, how did you address the issue?

Thanks.

Craig.

Which version are you running. Technically this can not happen, But I do recall a problem with one version where this could happen under some circumstances. It might have been 3.60A on SQL, but I can not remember for certain.
    David Singleton
  • CPettieCPettie Member Posts: 7
    We're running 5.0 with SQL2005.

We've had two reported instances of it happening with our users but have been unable to recreate it.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Take a look at this thread, maybeits the same situation. I do rememebr this bug, I think it was beacuase of a missing IF RECORDLEVELLOCKING THEN somewhere. Pretty sure it was fixed by 3.70 (At least the only time I could ever reproduce it, it went away after moveing to 43.70)

Same Sales Invoice Document Number MultiUser - Dynamics User Group
    David Singleton
  • CPettieCPettie Member Posts: 7
    Thanks.

I'll have a look.
  • saikiransaikiran Member Posts: 22
    Hi all,

I faced a similar situation that resulted in utter confusion among the end users.

One way to avoid this, functionally (as I am a Functional Consultant and less conversant with coding), is to create separate No. Series for the different users making the invoices. But then, the user will have to choose his own series before creating the invoice.

I had my technical person's help to create user-wise No. series for the Invoices. He customized a bit to make the No. series automatically selected based on the user who has logged in to the system.

Regards,
    Saikiran.
    saikiran wrote:
    Hi all,

I faced a similar situation that resulted in utter confusion among the end users.

One way to avoid this, functionally (as I am a Functional Consultant and less conversant with coding), is to create separate No. Series for the different users making the invoices. But then, the user will have to choose his own series before creating the invoice.

I had my technical person's help to create user-wise No. series for the Invoices. He customized a bit to make the No. series automatically selected based on the user who has logged in to the system.

Regards,
    Saikiran.

Hi Saikiran,

just to clarify the issues:

One was a problem with locking that allowed two users to get the same invoice or order number, BUt it was not possible to insert the record. The situation generally ended out in two users working on the same Invoice/Order that someone else had created.

The second issue is where a user has an Invoice or Order open a while, and in the mean time someone has added detail to it. So one ends out overwriting the other.
    David Singleton