Shipments in Manufacturing

zeninolegzeninoleg Member Posts: 236
Hi,
I have a question regardin the way that Mnaufacturing works. In case when all items are setup as Produce to Order i am createing a Sales Order and create a Production Order from it. Then I want to change the Shipping Date on the Sales Order to ship product earlier, but it does not update the production order(I tried different statuses of Production Order). Moreover, it breakes the link between Sales and Prduction order.
Is there a setting that I am missing, or maybe there is a function to update Production Order?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Oleg

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

I believe the purpose of the order production from the planning in the sales order is a quick 1:1 production, however the orders are not actually linked. I do not believe the production line references the sales order or vice a versa. Therefore all you can do with the alteration of dates is to pick this up as a re-schedule activity when the master planning is run.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hey "Adam" :whistle: ,

Actually I think they can be linked by reservations, which may be the case here. I did have a client on 3.10 that had this issue. Where by changing the dates, the reservation requirements were not met, and were thus broken.

As I recall the only solution was to FIRST change the production order due date and THEN the Sales Expected Ship date, which then preserved the reservations.
    David Singleton
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi David

Nice use of an icon =D>

I always thought the quick production in this manner lacked in so many ways I never used it. It certainly makes sense to link via reservations, but then they are so easy to break and allow no flexibility. Still at least if you know the limitations you can cope with them.

Very quiet on our other site isn't it.

I am missing Navision, have not touched the software since May :(
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • raj2000beraj2000be Member Posts: 36
    If there are any changes to the original sales order in terms of the shipment date or quantity on the order, you would typically use the Planning Work Sheet function called Calculate Net Change Plan.

This function does take care of any changes made to the original order after the supply for the demand is created i.e. the production order is created for a sales order.

Regards
    Rajesh