Sales Reporting samples

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

I've been tasked with creating a daily sales report and monthly sales report for salespeople and their sales regions.

I've made some nice strides but want to pull this all together in the near future.

Does anyone out there have any similar sample object(s) available?

Also I'm hoping there may be an existing report or reports available in Navision?

Currently I use 'Customer Data Landscape', Item Stat by Salesperson' and 'Sales list' to get data and am wondering if anyone else has had to pull these all together. My hope is that something exists in Navision that we've not utilized.

Thanks - gad1/new developer

Answers

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    If there is more than 2 dimension, then it's better to give priority to each dimension for an effective design.

You can use some dimensions (in your case "region" is suitable) as filters in the header area and then create a matrix form showing salespeople's sale by date.

For this kind of overview reports I have created a date table as in navision and added a periodrange (periodstart..periodend) in it to be able to filter dates between the period start and period end. I limited the year range between 2000-2050. I also added lots of flowfields (sales amount, purchase amount, no. of posted invoices etc.) and flowfilters (item, customer, vendor, salespeople, location filter etc.)

It's index table has too much record and it's a bit slow but I can use it anywhere I want.

Briefly; lots of possibilities. You have to select the most appropriate one in your case.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Thanks for the reply.

In standard Navision is there a form that loosely resembles the following?

"You can use some dimensions (in your case "region" is suitable) as filters in the header area and then create a matrix form showing salespeople's sale by date."

I'm referring to the 'matrix form' part. I want to find a visual example.

Take care - gad1
    Budget is similiar.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    If you give your e-mail address I can send you the form. A form showing sales by date of salespeople with item and customer filter. (with the original date table)
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    Thanks for your help - Please send any sample to:

gad1nav@hotmail.com

Take care - gad1
    Thanks - I received the file.

I'll e-mail you directly if I have any questions.

I'll put solved in the thread subject since this was just a request for a sample/example.

Have a great day - gad1