Need help for planning tab

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi guys,

I would like to say thanks to every body who giving support to freshers through this form.
i am new to navision, keep reading to know navision functionality.i have problem with Panning Tab in item card.in that Planning Tab we have lot of fields. I read manufacturing manual also regarding this plannin tab. But in that has only therotical explanation, there is practinal scenarios. I want practical scenarios on this planning tab. itell me what are the steps i need to take. that means if it is trading firm which reordering policy i gas to select, if it is manufacturing which reordering policy i has to select. what about remaining fields. how to fill.
I want when inventory is low tha t trigger has to fire. so could u put any material before me with practials.
or explain with worder ful examples.
I hope u can understand my problem.
u can provide solution.

thanks in advance.
ameen

Comments

• mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Please ask the specific questions in the forum. Everybody is there to help you but not to teach.

Regarding the reordering policy it all depends upon the scenerio whic has to be conveyed to you by the client that what they have to follow. Also please keep this in mind that if it is a manufacturing industry then also industry can use all the options, yes max. industries in manufactuing area are using the lot for lot for there dependent requirement.
    Mukesh Sharma
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Thanks Muksha,

I hope u did not read my query well.If u read that one u should not give that type of answer in this form.In that query i already mentioned about that problem i didnot get that practical senarioes . that 's y i am entrading any material with beautiful examples. i know this forum using for particular question not for teach. With out knowing the full functionality how can i put questions. already i read manualsof maufacturing, as per my knowledge it does have any thing to gain.

This is not the correct way to give answers to freshers who trying to learn navision.

thanks and regards
    ameen
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ameen wrote:
    Hi guys,

I would like to say thanks to every body who giving support to freshers through this form.
    i am new to navision, keep reading to know navision functionality.i have problem with Panning Tab in item card.in that Planning Tab we have lot of fields. I read manufacturing manual also regarding this plannin tab. But in that has only therotical explanation, there is practinal scenarios. I want practical scenarios on this planning tab. itell me what are the steps i need to take. that means if it is trading firm which reordering policy i gas to select, if it is manufacturing which reordering policy i has to select. what about remaining fields. how to fill.
    I want when inventory is low tha t trigger has to fire. so could u put any material before me with practials.
    or explain with worder ful examples.
    I hope u can understand my problem.
    u can provide solution.

thanks in advance.

Here are a couple of threads that can get you started with practical scenarios:

Setting a Reorder Level for Inventory Items

Planning using Planning Worksheet

Planning worksheet

Item setup and Req. Worksheet
    David Singleton
    thanks David Singleton,

Boss u are really proved what u are. i getting ready to search these fourms to get knowled ge on this. But i hope u can send some material if u have. Please think about that material...........

please put it.

thanks and regards
    ameen
    Actually i can't take any credit here. The real expert in planning is Adam Roue.

If you need more examples, just use google, and search for adamroue
    David Singleton
    Thanks David,

I went through that threads. and i got minimum knowledge about planning tab.i created one new item and costing method FIFO. It is raw material.in planning tab i select fixed order qty and put values in safety stock qty( 15) and reorder point is 50. now that invoiced qty of my item is 20.
    when i run Requisition Worksheets with caluclate plan it is caluclateing plan with 50 qty. how will fire that trigger when safety stock crossed.. what is procedure. I tried lot of times but iam not getting any message.
    please provide solution.
    ameen
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

I have just searched google for AdamRoue, how embarrassing :oops: I clearly need to post more and get to at least 2 pages :D

ameen.
    I am not sure what you are trying to achieve!
    Do you want the system to suggest a requisition of 50 when the stock hits 15? If you are then I will give you some simple settings.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    AdamRoue wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

I have just searched google for AdamRoue, how embarrassing :oops: I clearly need to post more and get to at least 2 pages :D

Try clicking at the bottom where it says:
    In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 6 already displayed.
    If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.
    David Singleton
    Hi Adam,

My god u are really great. I went through u r threads. what a great explanation. what i want na.
    I am not getting how to setup this planning tab. for purchase which reordeing policy has to select, what manufacturing reordeing policy.
    2. i want when inventory goes low that trigger has to fire. Which setup has to do?if it is possible explain these remaining fields inplaaning tab and how to fill depend upon reordering policy.Ikeep reading this plaiing tab with F1 . But iam not able to understnad this . i am realy confused with these fields.I hope u can understnad my problem. Provide u r valuable suggestion.

Save me from this planning tab...................

thanks in advance
    ameen
    Hi ameen

Flattery will get you everywhere.

The reordering policy will depend upon the business, but lets keep it simple so as not to confuse you at this stage, then we can build on it is you need to.

1. Create a new item, set some costs and posting groups etc.
    2. On the replenishment tab set it to purchase order and set a vendor. This also means we do not have to explain the manufacturing policy as this is related to production only.
    3. On the Planning tab set the reordering policy to "Fixed Reorder Qty".
    4. Set the reorder point to 15.
    5. Set the reorder quantity to 50.
    6. Use an item journal to book in 20.

As this stands you need 0, you have 20 in stock and your trigger is 15.

7. Load a sales order for 10.
    8. Run the requisition worksheet, it will tell you to purchase 50.

All the other settings are simply additional modifiers that alter the end result.

Try this one and then ask any questions you like on the other fields.
    Hi Adam,

Thanks to u r valuable suggestions. i followed u r secenario. just i am getting when i run caluclate plan it is showing purchase order. but even what i would like to have when the inventroy level cross safety stock, that trigger has to fire.but i am not getting that one. how to get that message.

i am entrading some manuals which contains this practical senarioes.

throw it manuals and u r valuable suggestions.

thanks
    ameen
    Hi Ameen

I am not sure I understand your request.

The trigger is the sales order. You are seeing the purchase order in the requirements "because" of the slaes order, without it you will not have any suggestion.

Could you "very simply" tell me what you are trying to do :D