ADCS Encryption Problem

JDKJDK Member Posts: 14
I am trying to get ADCS to work in 5.0 and I keep getting the following warning when I connect using hyperterminal. And I have created the encryption keys through the ADCS setup menu.

The call to member ReceiveSymetricKey failed. SaferStream returned the following message:
SaferStream: SaferStream: Could not unprotect the data.

Please Please help...... #-o

Comments

• jorgecphjorgecph Member Posts: 26
    Can you be more specific on how your deployment is? Do you have both the NAS service and the VT100 service on the same machine?

Which OS did you use to generate the keys? If using Vista, make certain that you are using the CSide client under real administrator, else the keys might get generated under your username.

Also, make certain that the TCP ports are "kicking" and that the firewall is set up correctly.

Finally, make certain that the Windows credentials that the NAS is using is exactly the same you used to generate the keys on the CSide client. Failing to do so, will prevent the NAS from "understanding" the keys.

Hope this helps.

We have the same issue under NAV 5.0. I can debug the NAS up to the point of InStrm.READ(SymetricKeyRequest); we have noticed that the SymetricKeyRequest which is a char varible is clear.

We have followed the Nav 5.0 ADCS w1 installation manual to the tee. nowhere did we have to set any keys?!?

Any Ideas welcome.
    "I could have been a GP Consultant...but then they discovered my parent's are married"
    :)
  • Jorge_Torres_[MSFT]Jorge_Torres_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 29
    Maybe this will help:

http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_dynamic ... fault.aspx

Look for "How to deploy multiple NAS’es in ADCS". There is an explanation on how to generate the keys.

Hope it helps,

Jorge
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • FrancoisViljoenFrancoisViljoen Member Posts: 5
    great got it to work. Manual never mentioned anything about the form7708 just run the form and generate the key. =D>
    "I could have been a GP Consultant...but then they discovered my parent's are married"
    :)