[solved]Transfer order Vs item reclass journal

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi,

I came back again..................

what is the difference bet ween tranfer order and item reclass.journal in navision. already we have ITEM JOURNAL, we can do purchase and sale positive and negitivewith ITEM JOURNAL, then what is the purpose of purchase journal and sales journal. what is the use of BOM journal.

Thanks in advance.
hansika

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    In the older versions of Navision, Transfer Order did not exist, so the only way to transfer items from 1 location to another was the Item reclass journal.
    And you can still use it, if you find that the Transfer Order is too much for your needs. It has extra functionality like the Warehousing and an in-transit location code.

Purchase/Sales in Item journal : it is possible to post purchases/sales without an order for it. For the moment, I don't think anyone is still using it. Everyone uses Purcase/Sales orders.

BOM Journal : this serves if you want to create BOM-items (=production) WITHOUT using the manufacturing-environment that requires a lot of setup. The BOM used in this case is NOT the production BOM but the sales BOM (Item Card=>Functions => Assembly List => Bill of Materials).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks Kriki,

now i got difference between them.Could u explain about that purchase journal and sales journal, because already we have item journal

kindly provide solution

thanks in advance
    hansika
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    hansika wrote:
    Thanks Kriki,

now i got difference between them.Could u explain about that purchase journal and sales journal, because already we have item journal

kindly provide solution

thanks in advance
    I suppose you mean the forms 253 and 254. These are NOT journals for managing items but for managing G/L entries and customer/vendor ledger entries. They can be used to post invoices/CM without creating the document. But to be honest, I don't think someone still uses them.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks kriki,

Now i got overall idea about item journal and purchase journal ande sales journal , transfer order and item reclass journal.

thanks and regards
    hansika