item charge& sales header

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi to all NAV Experts,

When u tring to assign item (charge) to a sales order.u click line- item charge assignment – suggest item charge then u get AMOUNT, EQUALLY.I am not getting exactly what is the purpose of each one.Can could u explain about these two functions and how to use.

What is the exact difference between order date and document date in a sales header.
When u creating a sales order u get check credit limit will fire. In that we have many fields. But what is the use of that field Current amount (lcy).
What is the difference between Balance and Over due amount(lcy) as on date.

I hope I could explain it more clearly as I am still very new to Navision functionality. Please do let me advice if I have use any functionality wrongly.

regards
ameen

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    ameen wrote:
    Hi to all NAV Experts,

When u tring to assign item (charge) to a sales order.u click line- item charge assignment – suggest item charge then u get AMOUNT, EQUALLY.I am not getting exactly what is the purpose of each one.Can could u explain about these two functions and how to use.

What is the exact difference between order date and document date in a sales header.
    When u creating a sales order u get check credit limit will fire. In that we have many fields. But what is the use of that field Current amount (lcy).
    What is the difference between Balance and Over due amount(lcy) as on date.

I hope I could explain it more clearly as I am still very new to Navision functionality. Please do let me advice if I have use any functionality wrongly.

regards

Hi

You have 2 lines on a sales order both for a qty of 1, the value of 1 line is 10, the value of another is 90. If you have an item charge for 10 and assign it by qty each gets 5 as they have equal qty. If you assign by value 1 line gets 1 whilst the other gets 9. It depends how you want the costs split.

The order date is the date it is ordered on, however the document sent in maybe earlier, so you can capture this.

The current amount is the amount on the sales line that has just taken you over the credit limit - it will happen when you are entering a line that breaks the credit limit.

Balance is how much they owe you, whilst overdue is what is owed over terms. A debt today with 30 days is not overdue but is part of the balance.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen