XMLPort Element Skip

pferreirapferreira Member Posts: 22
Hi,
I have the following issue:
I have an XMLPort with this structure:

xmlportks9.jpg

I wan to to export a document, and the values are filled with "code-behind".
When the "Percent" has the value of 0 I would like to bypass the hole "itemallowancesorcharges".

I've tried evaluating the value of "Percent" and do currXML.SKIP, but this makes me get on a loop... and the document doesn't stop it's growth!

My question is... how can I bypass the itemallowancesorcharges?

Comments

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    One suggestion is to make ItemAllowancesOrCharges element related to a table. It could be related to the Number table and then you could just apply filters to control how many records (i.e. how many copies of the element) are put in the file. This filter (i.e. decision to export) must be made before the opening tag of that element is created.
    //Assume itemNumberTable is the variable name assigned 
    //to ItemAllowancesOrCharges element
    if Percent = '0' then
      itemNumberTable.setrange(number,1,1)
    else
      itemNumberTable.setrange(number,1,0);

Note I haven't actually experimented with this particular case but this is the first thing that I would try.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • pferreirapferreira Member Posts: 22
    jlandeen,
    Didn't understand your solution. :s

I think I'll go with a KISS solution. Replicate the XMLPort delete the itemallowancesorcharges element, and evaluate the "Percent" field before calling anyXMLPort so it "routs" to the correct one. :p

A bit to much "KISS" but.. it will do the job! :whistle:
  • pferreirapferreira Member Posts: 22
    My KISS solution turns out to be a bit to much "stupid" #-o
    I was thinking about it, and it won't do! On the same file, I can have records that must have that element and others that don't. ](*,)