Replication: non-NAV SQL DB against NAV SQL DB

MartinFKMartinFK Member Posts: 43
Hi all,

I am trying to setup replication between 2 systems with one communication DB in between.

system1: operational SQL DB
system2: communication NAV SQL DB
system3: operational NAV SQL DB

system2 and system 3 communicate with Landsteinar Retail Replication - which is NAV/CAL based replication.

system1 and system2 communicate with SQL replication (SQL Server 2005) which is giving us headaches. system1 is providing the data.

There are timestamps and the NAV tables are non-NULL which does not work out with system1 - there are records with NULL fields.

How did you solve a replication between a NAV SQL DB and a non-NAV SQL DB?

Thanks for your help,
Martin

Comments

• strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Just one thing regarding the NULL values:

If you set the database-property "Maintain Defaults" (File - Database - Alter - Integration) to TRUE, you don't have to populate all fields within a NAV table on INSERT as SQL Server would add the missing initial values ...
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • MartinFKMartinFK Member Posts: 43
    Thanks.

I also tried to setup the tables als LinkedObjects, which makes the SQL Server handle them as views.

kr,
    martin
  • strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    MartinFK wrote:
    I also tried to setup the tables als LinkedObjects, which makes the SQL Server handle them as views.
    Uhhm, that's not true. The "Linked Object" property is used to link a C/SIDE table with an existing SQL View.
    A "View" is always a view - ! - on one (or more) table(s); actually it is a "pre-defined SELECT statement". You can not transform a C/SIDE table into a View - where should the data be stored then?
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool