only 50 flowfields in dataport?

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
how can a dataport have more than 50 flowfields for eg iam trying to create a dataport for item table but when i run it it says"you can only add 50 flowfields"
Regards,

GD

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    No way. 2 dataitem or two separate dataport. I tried something but finally used these :D
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    50 flowfields :shock:

Let me see, no, I do not want to see the design of your database. :roll:

I have never experienced this. but maybe you can work with functions and returnvalues, or use variables which you populate.

Good luck.
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    The original Item table has more than 50 flowfields, MS did that :D
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    I saw that message today. I was also creating an item dataport/

I removed some flowfields from the dataport. and then it worked.
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    Dataports has problems with BLOBS,FLOWFIELDS(>50) the only way to work aroudn teh problem is to create 2 dataports for item table like ufuk said
    Regards,

GD
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hmm, and I still remember the time the limit on running tables was 30 flowfields.

I must be getting old. :mrgreen:
  • David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    The table having over 50 flowfields is one thing, but needing over 50 flowfields in a single dataport is another. :shock:
    Why not be more selective in what flowfields you actually need, instead of adding all fields, view the field list then highlight only the fields you want, instead of selecting all, it will then add your selection of fields only. :)

"Just in Case"
    View > Dataport Fields
    Click Field List
    Select Fields CTRL+Click
    Click back on Dataport Fields list
    Yes to Append selected Fields to the list

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    Thats right it would be better if NAvision had the "field class"i.e flowfield,flowfilter,normal on the "field menu" when you select the DataItem in a dataport

The "field class"is only available from the Table designer as of now but no filters ,pasting in excel and filtering to avoid the flowfields while selcting the fields of a dataport are time consuming.
    Regards,

GD
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Thats right it would be better if NAvision had the "field class"i.e flowfield,flowfilter,normal on the "field menu" when you select the DataItem in a dataport

The "field class"is only available from the Table designer as of now but no filters ,pasting in excel and filtering to avoid the flowfields while selcting the fields of a dataport are time consuming.

You can put that on your wish list and wait 6 years. I've waited 6 years for getlasterror function.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n