Jobscheduler as a service

remcomeeremcomee Member Posts: 2
Could someone help me running the job scheduler (default or adjusted for customer) as a service on a database server.
This server is also running NAS.

Database/Client is runnning on 4.0 SP2

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Investigate how the job scheduler works. HINT: It's a form with a timer event that checks the jobs that are set up and executes them a certain way.

So instead of the form (NAS can't handle visual elements) you implement the job scheduler in a single instance codeunit, and start that through NAS. Don't forget: NAS doesn't know how to run dataports, so you can't do that through NAS.

You can also ask Waldo about their product, they already have this as a 3rd party product. Check their prices against what it would cost you to develop this.
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    but what u do when NAS dont work 75% the time? #-o
    Regards,

GD
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    It is a really easy tweak to change the Jobscheduler form into a singleinstance codeunit.

Send me a mail and I'll try to find the objects somewhere.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    but what u do when NAS dont work 75% the time? #-o

Change the codeunits to run modal with the IF CODEUNIT.RUN function and use the GETLASTERRORMESSAGE function to store in a log table.

I even have a customer with a critical process sending an sms and email warning if a certain interface fails for whatever reason.
  • David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    It is a really easy tweak to change the Jobscheduler form into a singleinstance codeunit.

Send me a mail and I'll try to find the objects somewhere.

Why not add it to tips and trick for anyone else who would like this?

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris