Options

5.1 and single instance codeunit

2»

Comments

• Options
    cnicolacnicola Member Posts: 181
    Hi NavStudent,

We'll try to blog our way through Directions.
    A shame you are not coming though. I think it would have been fun seeing you after few beers :D :whistle:
    Apathy is on the rise but nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    We are still trying to support most of the sideeffect and will document the rest
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I'll be at Directions listening intently :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I'm attending Directions .. and also that session. As it has become my habbit ... I will blog that session as wel :wink:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Im curious about which "side effects" you will speak. Pitty that I cannot be on the Directions...

I am looking forward Waldo's Blog Article about that... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    kine wrote:
    I am looking forward Waldo's Blog Article about that... :wink:

You can count on me :mrgreen:

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    MacGyverMacGyver Member Posts: 7
    So what is the end result of this old thread...

1. Can we expose singleinstance codeunits as webservices in NAV 2009 SP1/R2?

and more importanly, can codeunits which are exposed as webservices have automation objects with the property "WithEvents"=YES?

2. Can the code on the "'Navision Communication Component version 2'.CommunicationComponent" EVENT be triggered from a webservice? The aim is to use MSMQ from webservice :thumbsup: rather than NAS :thumbsdown: .

If the answer to (1.) and (2.) is Yes then this approach gets rid of the NAS and reuses exisiting CAL code using MSMQ and XMPLORTS we use in Integrating NAV with any 3rd party Applications.

3. If we have the Budget(time,money,effort) we can rewrite the Code in C#.NET using the Pages/Extended Codeunits/Codeunits with parameters as XMLPORTS and simple types(int,text)
    There are 3 things about that object that I would like to point out that makes that object unsuited for web service as it is written.
    1.) It has method signatures that cannot be published as a web service; remember that the only types available to you on the codeunit if you intend to publish it as a service: are the simple types (text, int…) and XMLPorts.

Kris

Thanks Kris :thumbsup: