Scrollbar problem

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Hey, I'm new MS Nav 4.0 user and I've been wondering of a little problem with the C/SIDE.
When I go through the tables, forms or other objects on any form there is a scrollbar which should help browsing them, unluckily its not working for me as intended.

Is it a bug and if it is, is there a solution to fix this, I thought it should work like in Explorer or other programs, but the scrollbar starts bouncing up and down when I scroll it and if it hits the bottom and I release mouse button, it jumps to the end of the list, not smoothly. I'm realy not sure how the bar works but it does not feel right.

Any help with this matter?
K.S.

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This is one of the flaws you have to unconditionally accept.
    It's been around for a long time which M$ doesn't think is a problem.
    Otherwise they'd fixed it long ago.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Is it fixed in the future versions of Navision: 5.0, 5.1?
    K.S.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) It is not "bug"
    2) It is common for database applications

reason: to be able to have correct scrollbar size and position you need to know:
    line count and your actual position.

But to know that you need:
    read all records from beginning to your actual position
    Count all records

But because:
    you can skip some records (by customization in triggers) or use filters and read from temporary tables etc. you need really read and "show" all the records from beginning to end to know the real count and position.

Result: if it will work correctly, after you open form with G/L entries, you can take some vacation... because the client will read and virtually show all records you can possible see. 8)

It is why the application just read what is needed to show all lines on the form, and after you scroll down, it just reads the new lines etc. But after you scroll through all records, the scrollbar will have correct size, because all what is needed was done. You can notice it on shorter tables, where you are able to read all records in short time.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.