No. Series Attachment

aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
Hi guys --It's been a long time i am confused with NEW No. series attachment with the form.

Here's the case--

No. Of new tables created--3 (Say A,B,C)
No. Of Forms Created
2 (Say A1,B1,C1)
Now a simple question
I want to create a no. series and attach it to the form A1.

Kindly explain in steps.
Thanx in advance

Comments

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Firstly u have created field in ur table whether it is PO or SO.creta 1 field in setup give it link(Table Relation) to No. Series and put ur own No. Series.Then see the coding to get no. Series in Table Purchase Header(38) in OnInsert Trigger.If u attach that table in Form then Atomatically it will take Next No. series by Pressing the F3 Button of ur keyboard.If u want many No. series on Field then on Form On the No.(That field where u have attached ur No. series) Control trigger OnAssistEdit write code given below:

IF AssistEdit(xRec) THEN
    CurrForm.UPDATE;

Then run the form u will see one button on No. field(That field where u have attached ur No. series)when u will click on that button u will see many lines there u can put as many as no. series asu can.ok I think that it solve ur Query
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    Firstly u have created field in ur table whether it is PO or SO.creta 1 field in setup give it link(Table Relation) to No. Series and put ur own No. Series.Then see the coding to get no. Series in Table Purchase Header(38) in OnInsert Trigger.If u attach that table in Form then Atomatically it will take Next No. series by Pressing the F3 Button of ur keyboard.If u want many No. series on Field then on Form On the No.(That field where u have attached ur No. series) Control trigger OnAssistEdit write code given below:

IF AssistEdit(xRec) THEN
    CurrForm.UPDATE;

Then run the form u will see one button on No. field(That field where u have attached ur No. series)when u will click on that button u will see many lines there u can put as many as no. series asu can.ok I think that it solve ur Query

Thanx.M tryin this.
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    Ma'an there's something wrong with the codin part.

On the On insert trigger I have included the code as

IF ID <>'' THEN BEGIN
    "Sales&ReceivableSetup".GET;
    "Sales&ReceivableSetup".TESTFIELD(Book);
    NoSeriesMgt.InitSeries("Sales&ReceivableSetup".Book,xRec.ID,0D,ID,ID);
    END;

Variables Declared-->

Sales&ReceivableSetup--Record--Sales&ReceivableSetup
    NoSeriesMgt--Codeunit--No.SeriesMgmt

Cose is not giving any error but it's not working.
    Probably the values that i have put in the initSeries are wrong.

Kindly help me.
    For any clarifications revert.