Options

Problem using linked servers and views

dlebechdlebech Member Posts: 7
edited 2007-08-02 in SQL General
Hi,

I have made a view "my_view" from a SQL Server 2000 to a SQL Server 2005 (both Windows 2003 Server) using linked servers. A Navision 3.7 client is running on the 2000 server and I use the LinkedObject property on a new table called "my_view" of course to access the view (The LinkedInTransaction is of course disabled as it should be). This works fine when retrieving data but when I want to modify a record, I get an error message:

Statement(s) could not be prepared
Incorrect syntax near 'UPDLOCK'. If this is intended as a part of a table hint, a WITH keyword and parenthesis are now required. See SQL Server Books Online for proper syntax.

I have now tried different solutions and it actually works when I make the view from another SQL 2005 Server and run this through a Navision 4.0 SP3 client (still using linked servers). But I need to access the view from the 3.7 client. Has anyone else experienced this problem and succesfully solved it? My guess is that it is a problem when connecting a SQL 2000 with a SQL 2005 and in this case, there isn't much to do :-k

Any inputs?

Best regards

David Lebech
Navi Partner