cheque no, cheque date in cust.ledger entries

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi experts,

In cash receipt journal u have two fields cheque no, cheque date. When customer given a cheque to pay amount, we enter cheque no, cheque date information in these two fields .when u post this one , whatever u enter in this journal information is update in customer ledger entries except that cheque no, cheque date.how to get this these fields in customer ledger entry.
Can we customized it?If we are going to customize how can we do it?please explain what is the procedure and code.

regards
hansika

Answers

• diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    The cheue no. and the cheque date field can be brought in the CLE, but for that you have to customize it.

The question of how to do the customization is, you need to add the sale fields in the CLE then customize the posting routine to flow the info to the CLE. But bevery careful when you are customizing the posting routine.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks Diptish,

Sorry for the trouble, I am trying to learn navision but I just doesnt seem to understand the code as ear ly as possible.I've never had any training on codes on this part of Navision, so I have no clues on what to do.
    What i think already experts faced this problem, and may be solved. If it is possible please send code .please do this help.It's really killing me.
    Please..........................

Thanks again for your helps.
    hansika
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Why aren't you using the External Document No to put your Check # in?
    Thanks SAVATAGE,

I am not getting what you mentioned above. Please elaborate this issue.
    I am fresher to navision. Can u explain this .

I hope u can explain this.....

thanks in advance
    hansika
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    is this Cheque No & Date fields something you added or a localization?

If you look at the customer ledger entry table (RUN) you will see all the fields. In ours (at least) there are document no & extrenal doc no. I would be shocked if your cash receipt journal doesn't have these. Perhaps you have them hidden?

If you look at the customer ledger entry table (RUN) you will see all the fields. In ours (at least) there are document no & extrenal doc no. I would be shocked if your cash receipt journal doesn't have these. Perhaps you have them hidden?

Thanks SAVATAGE,

We are using navision demo version of India 4.0 sp1.
    I did not add any fields in what u mentioned above.I saw that fields what u mentioned , but that fields is not updating any cheque no and cheque date. Again i done transaction.
    Please provide solution.

thanks in advance.
    hansika
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Savatage wrote:

Hi,

Yes, these are the india localization, specifically used for the check printing, ideally used when the check is generated directly by the system, bit sometimes these needs to be customized to flow the same to the Bank ledger entries and CLE.

Hopefully Hansika is also looking for the same reasons
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    Thanks Savatage& Diptish,

Sorry for the trouble, I am trying to learn navision but I just doesnt seem to understand the code as ear ly as possible.I've never had any training on codes on this part of Navision, so I have no clues on what to do.
    What i think already experts faced this problem, and may be solved. If it is possible please send code .please do this help.It's really killing me.
    I dont know much coding.
    Please..........................

Thanks again for your helps.
    hansika