No. Of keys.

aliasgharaliasghar Member Posts: 27
Hi All,
I m doing one support project in which most of the customization have been already done. But now the client needs one more functionality for which i need to create on more key in one table. But the problem is that table already has 40 keys. It means it wont allow me to create any more key/keys. Is is any other alternative for this problem or any tool to find which key among 40 is not at all used etc.
Hope you all get what the problem is.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Ali Asghar

Comments

• todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    aliasghar wrote:
    Hi All,
    I m doing one support project in which most of the customization have been already done. But now the client needs one more functionality for which i need to create on more key in one table. But the problem is that table already has 40 keys. It means it wont allow me to create any more key/keys. Is is any other alternative for this problem or any tool to find which key among 40 is not at all used etc.
    Hope you all get what the problem is.

Thanks in Advance!!!
    Hi,

if you already are "using" (?) 40 keys, you should check your design. From a performance point of view, with this number of keys, especially with sum-index fields, you might run into some performance issues.

I'd like to suggest, that you rethink about the necessity of the keys and after that you might replace one of the existing keys, and even remove some "unsed" keys.
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)
  • Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Hello,
    Use Navision Developer toolkit to find where this table is used and what keys are not unused or used not often and could be replaced by another one or with or w/o perfomance red.
    Br,
    Igor Beeone