Double invoicing in Navision based on 2 tied clients

jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
On a new site a Company has the requirement of the following

The Company is essentially a warehouse/distribution and sales centres that charges its clients a service fee for holding/shipping stock and taking the clients customers orders directly.

My largest issue in preparing a demo is how to approach the concept of invoicing the client at months end based against the activities and order volume processed against the clients customers.

The Ship to & bill to customer are not really an option as the Company actually invoices and recieves payment from the clients. It then transfers the money to the client who owns the customer base.

What is the best approach for creating an invoice for the client based on its customers activities. The get shippment lines function would seem the most basic method with modifications to allow retrieval against multiple bill to customers. As the end invoice to the client will include the amount of stock moved/sold at its vale of sales.

The other approach is to try an incorporate Service management into it and effectivetly treat the clients as service contracts and link this contract to the clients customers and each time a customer was invoiced a contract line could appear etc then create an invoice against the value of the contract at months end.
I can see this getting ugly though and large amounts of modification being needed.

Has anyone else encountered a similiar scenario or has any advice for this concept and how navision might handle it

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    The business model you have describing is a logistics operator. Navision standard isn’t fully ready to full fill logistics operator needs. But you have several possibilities.

1 – Use an add-on. There are a few add-ons serve business model of third-party logistics provider (3PL) until know I’m have being using only one. I have to admit that have all the ootions that you have requested. (invoicing warehouse usage, number inbounds package during month, etc).

2 – Use a different company only to simulate inbound / outbound of external items in that company. Invoices are inbound orders and process several logistics information. Other company process montly services information using data from other company.

3 – Change how invoices and other information are handled during posting. In this case if is an invoice or is only you are only receding items from customers without invoices. This requires a lot of customization.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The Getshipment approach is a good solution.

We had to do the similar process but on AP side with GetReceipts.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n