Is it Possible to use Delivery Order

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hi experts,
We are dealing with a manufacturing firm. Here my query is delivery order . I will explain what procedure they follow.
Our client have only one location That is Factory. What they produced they kept in factory.
When customer wants item, Customer directly call to Head office for Items.
Then Head Office people will raise delivery Order.
This delivery order sent to factory.
When factory people received that delivery order they will start to send material to customer through transport.
Finally factory people raise sales invoice directly.(with out any sales order)
Now above process is running.
Here DeliveryOrder means nothing but a permission. That head Office people grant a permission to factory people , u can send material to customer.
That delivery order contain information same as the information what a sales invoice report contains.
Some times Head Office will send Delivery Order. May be stock not available. Then Factory people send that Delivery Order to Head Office.
So they have to use this Delivery Order .
Here my problem is how to work this functionality in navision.I am not getting where to start this delivery Order.
Don’t try tell about that Shipment Functionality and Undo shipment.
I have a typical scenario for which i would like your assistance.
I hope you will help me guys. Experts provide functionality. Welcome u r valuable suggestions and solutions on this query.

Thanks in advance.
reema

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Don’t try tell about that Shipment Functionality and Undo shipment.

But it is the most suitable method in your case. :D Why don't you want them?

We have a similiar procedure and we are using standart functionality with some modification. I think in your case:

Head Office creates a Order. When order is approved or released it could be printed as as a delivery Order report (a new report). Then it could be send to factory and shipment is realised upon this document. But I think this is a slower method.

Orders which are approved or released should be in a list like delivery list. Factory staff could realise shipment upon this list. If stock not available during shipment, then you can create an order request which uses the initial order's document no as reference. Or you can control the inventory during order entry . So you won't wait until the shipment.

Regards
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    thanks ufuk,

"If stock not available during shipment, then you can create an order request which uses the initial order's document no as reference. Or you can control the inventory during order entry . So you won't wait until the shipment "

I could not get that above meaning. what is order request . If u dont mind can u elborate this issue.Do i need to to any customization.

i hope can do this.

i wait for u r help

regards
    [/b]
    reema
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    A simple purchase order request form with the reference sales order's document no and the related information. Factory could inform the head office by this form. (But I think you should control the inventory during order entry.)

If you want this form create a basic form linked to order which is filled when the factory staff try to ship.

If the inventory is insufficient get the document no, item no, customer no etc. from the sales order and fill your request form with this info. Then head office could create a purchase order upon the request of factory.

Regards.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft