Varient cannot be fully applied

j.belangerj.belanger Member Posts: 32
edited 2007-08-03 in Navision Attain
Sometimes when we ship an item, it ships out of the system, but still leaves a qty on hand. Right now i have one particular part that we physically have zero qty, but the system is showing we still have one. If i try to do a negative adjustment of that item including its serial #. i receive the following error msg. "Item Tracking Serial No. 0119171 Lot No. for Item No. 289041-001 Variant cannot be fully applied" Does anyone know how i can fix this problem?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Check, if there are no reservations for that Ser. No.
    2) Check, if you are using BINs, that you entered correct BIN code.
    3) Check, that you are using correct Location code
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • j.belangerj.belanger Member Posts: 32
    I'm not sure how to check for the "No Reservations" for that ser. no. also not sure about the bins. I did however check the Location code prior to asking my original question and the location code is correct. Care to walk me through the first two?
    1) Find the open Item Ledger entry for this serial no and item
    2) Look into field "Reserved quantity". Do not use Zoom if the field is not on the form else you will see 0 each time...
    3) Are you using BINs on this location, on which the item is? (can you select some bin when entering the line into journal or somewhere for same location?) - if yes, you need to check on which bin this ser. no. is. Try to look into Warehouse entries for the serial no and item...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    found the open item ledger entry for this item. The Reserved Quantity is zero, but the Remaining Quantity is 1. The actual quantity was 35, but Invoiced quantity is also 35. We are using Locations, not bins as far as i know. Not sure what to do from here.
    It means that you have one unit of the item (remaining quantity).
    BUT: may be that some entries was not correctly applied. Try this:

Copy all Item Entries for your item into Excel (if it is possible - if you do not have more than 60000 entries or something like that... ) and do pivot table for sum of quantity by location. Have you 0 or 1 on your location?

This test is for checking sums of quantities if they are same as sum showed in NAV. If the sum is different, I want to know if you are using SQL or Native DB.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    we do use Shelf/bin which are the physical locations in our warehouse where inventory is stored. I believe i did the pivot table correctly and it came out to 1, just as navision shows as a Quantity.
    I f the pivot table didn't answered the question "where the last unit is located" (location/bin etc.) you can use the debugger to see where in the code the error is called and under which conditions. Then check the conditions...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I'm sorry, I am still new to the inside workings of navision and don't know how to do a lot of this stuff. I'm not sure where to use the debugger and where the conditions are. I tried turning the debugger on when attempting to do a negative adjustment out of the system, but i did not see any conditions setting when the debugger came up. I am probably just wasting your time. If you want to continue to help I appreciate it, but if not, thank you for your help thus far.