Max DB size in 2.00

MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
edited 2007-07-30 in Navision Financials
Hi

I have an "actual" question for experts like you... :?

In Navision 2.00, what is the maximum size of the database?

I think 32 GB, in 16 files of 2GB each one. (I hear the 64GB limit is for 2.60 and up)

Real situation:

We add the licence granule 1,370 Database Expansion per 1 GB 64 , but:

- If I try to add a new file, I get an error, say something like "maximum 16 files"
- If I try to expand one of the 2Gb to 3Gb, I get an error "your licence don´t allow big database with this licence"

Thanks

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Native database is limited to 16 files. In old licenses you had to buy database size. I don’t know how you have licensed your database. If I’m not in mistake in those days you could until 65GB. If you have maintenance plan you can get a free upgrade to your database maximum size.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    Yes, my question is: If we have the granule 1370 (for 64 GB) in the licence in the service, is posible to grow some of the 16 files up to 2GB, right?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Maci wrote:
    Yes, my question is: If we have the granule 1370 (for 64 GB) in the licence in the service, is posible to grow some of the 16 files up to 2GB, right?

Yes.

You can have 16 2 GB files.
  • MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    ... I think you dont understand me...

I have actually 16 files x 2 Gb each one, but I need to enlarge it.

I have the granule 1370 in the licence file.

Is posible to grow up to 32 Gb in 2.00?

Thanks
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Navision database size restriction isn’t by file but in total. If your license is restricted to 32G you are at maximum size 16 files x 2 Gb = 32GB. I don’t know if you can ask Microsoft to increase license larger then 32G in 2.0. In 2.60 you can have larger databases.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/