How to proceed

dollarinsatiabledollarinsatiable Member Posts: 31
I have installed navision 2-tier application ie. server and client on different computers.

Now I want to move further to commerce gateway,employee portal,application server and other added functionalities.

What do u suggest i should learn first which has got minimum installation efforts.
Kindly guide

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    First start with the application server. You'll need that for EP and CG.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • dollarinsatiabledollarinsatiable Member Posts: 31
    Waldo wrote:
    First start with the application server. You'll need that for EP and CG.

Thank You very much
    nas works on win2K3?
    NAS works with client only environment? (stand alone PC)??
    nas works on win2K3?
    Yes, it does.

NAS works with client only environment? (stand alone PC)??
    No, Nas can only connect to a database server (native or SQL)
    YOu can install everything on one box though...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    I have installed NAS,now when i am reading the manual,i am not gettin how to set the properties.
    Kindly give 1 example property to set.

One more thing,i have installed native DB server,but i am not seeing anything which shows that i have installed it.(Clieny was already installed).
    example property? How do you mean?

in the services window you should see your DB server.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Waldo wrote:
    example property? How do you mean?

in the services window you should see your DB server.

In the services window i can see the "Navision Application Server " service.

I wanna ask that i have installed client first ,then server on the same machine ,....what ll the effect of that?
    You should have a database server in stead of an application server.

the application server connects to the database server.
    clients connect to the database server as well.

These are the steps.
    - install the client
    - install the database server and see if you can connect with your client
    - install the NAS and connect to it using windows authentication...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Waldo wrote:
    You should have a database server in stead of an application server.

the application server connects to the database server.
    clients connect to the database server as well.

These are the steps.
    - install the client
    - install the database server and see if you can connect with your client
    - install the NAS and connect to it using windows authentication...

Thanks.I am following the steps
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    What do u suggest i should learn first which has got minimum installation efforts.
    You read the manuals, and you study the training material. Don't try to guess your way through and then ask us to tell you how to proceed. Get the knowledge first and then do the installation. The installation manuals on the product CD are very good, I've been able to successfully install anything related to NAV by using those manuals.
    DenSter wrote:
    You read the manuals, and you study the training material. Don't try to guess your way through and then ask us to tell you how to proceed. Get the knowledge first and then do the installation. The installation manuals on the product CD are very good, I've been able to successfully install anything related to NAV by using those manuals.

All of the insatallation manuals guide us thru the process of installation ie. how to install but i am askin u guys 4 WHEN to install.It all about the sequence.Also it is not possible to read 15 installation manuals just to see the sequence and readin them again individualy to know hot to install.
    Thanx
    Above ALL sharing is always good
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    DenSter wrote:

All of the insatallation manuals guide us thru the process of installation ie. how to install but i am askin u guys 4 WHEN to install.It all about the sequence.Also it is not possible to read 15 installation manuals just to see the sequence and readin them again individualy to know hot to install.
    Thanx
    Here's the sequence:
    1 - you read and study the document I pointed at
    2 - you execute the steps described in this manual, the sequence is all described in that document
    3 - you ask specific questions as to which step is giving you problems, and we will help you