mexican language for NA version

NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
anybody knows why mexican language pack is missing in 5.0 for north american?
it is in 4.0 sp3.

will they release it for 5.0?
my 2 cents

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Because they took Mexico out of the NA localization. The functionality is still there though, and you can download the ESM language layer from partnersource.
  • NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    can you prove a link to the ESM language Layer?

Do you know why they took the Mexico out of NA localization?

There a lot of US/CA companies that have companies in Mexico.
    Will they have to have two databases now?
    my 2 cents
    Don't know why, they just did. Like I said, the functionality is still in there (although not including any new mandatory Mexican functionality), so all you'd need is to import the language layer. Search partnersource for the language layer, or ask your partner to provide it.

I don't know if Mexico will get their own localization or if they'll be assimilated into another South American database.
  • NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    I only found Spanish Mexican 4.0 language pack.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

There is no 5.0 language pack. Can I load 4.0 into 5.0 db?

If they assimilate Mex into another South American db, then the language pack won't have translation for NA objects. We have to translate it.

Why isn't MS releasing any info about this?
    Since 5.1 has been postponed, the localization team has nothing to do, because they were planning to release 5.1 next quarter. What are they doing?
    my 2 cents
    Maybe Mexico is not part of group 1 anymore, who knows. In that case you wouldn't get the language layer either. Check with your MS rep.