is it possible to maintain multiple version in Navision ?

sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
i need to maintain navision 3.7,navision 4.0 and also navision 5.0 in a single server...is it possible to maintain multiple version in the same computer system...

is it mandatory to maintain a seprate server for each version of navision?

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You must use different databases
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
    yes.we must use different database,but will navision allow different versions of installation in same computer system?

or
    we need to use nav 5.0 installation for all three versions(Nav 3.7,Nav 4.0,Nav 5.0)...in this case,what shall we do...when we take the database to customer place...
  • fidelfidel Member Posts: 14
    In you try to install different clients on the same PC you most probably get messages like "You must uninstall Old Version" in order to install the new". A tricky way to do that is
    first install only the latest nersion of the client from the installation CD. Then make the directory by hand e.g.
    c:\Program Files\MBS Navision\NAV 3.70 for all the other navision clients you want to install and then just copy the files from the installation CD under each Direcory.
    I have all Navision clients 3.70, 4.00, 4SP1, 4SP2, 4SP3 on my PC and everything works fine
  • sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
    hello fidel,

Thanks for your information.

i will do the same as per your sugesstion and let you know the details.

Thanks again...
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This How To contains some info if you need to install different Dynamics NAV servers on the same machine: How To install multiple DB-servers on 1 PC (for development)?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)