Shortcut

aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
I have created a form.Now i want to create a shortcut for list form (F5) for it,as is the case with all other forms.

Also.I want to open the list from the already present UP Arrow button at the top of the application.

I thought that it would be automatically get attached to that button,but it's not the case.
Kindly tell me if anyone knows.
Thanx in advance

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    You need to create the list form and asign it at table level to the LookUp Form ID in Tbale properties. That will make the arrow in the tool bar work

To get F5 to work you need to add a menu buttom to your form. then enter a menu item, call it List. int eh the shortcut key field entre F5 then set the action to lookup. Then pressing F5 will work.

If in doubt look at how it is handled on standard form like the customer card.

regards

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    You need to create the list form and asign it at table level to the LookUp Form ID in Tbale properties. That will make the arrow in the tool bar work

To get F5 to work you need to add a menu buttom to your form. then enter a menu item, call it List. int eh the shortcut key field entre F5 then set the action to lookup. Then pressing F5 will work.

regards

Ian

I have created a list form--_>attached it with the table in which data is going of that form of which i want the shortcut as F5(as in customer card).

Now where i need to define the table relation --in the header or in detail ??

If the question is not clear,kindly revert.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    You don't have to mention the table relation, just attach the form you have created with the table, in the property you will find the lookup form id, specify the ID of the form there.

Now go to header/line or card form that you have created(where you want the list form to come up) and add a menu button as Ian said.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/

regards

Ian

What menu item to declare in the menu button-->is it so that it should be the primary key or something??
    Problem solved ma'an
    Thanx 4 the support
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    All you need to do is put a menu button on the form. Open the Menu Items from the button and put in a line that has F5 in the Function Key field and Lookup as the action.

That way when you press F5 the system will preform a lookup on teh table and use the form that has been set in teh table properties for lookup ID

Ian
    Regards

Ian