Navision 3.7 Database crash

matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
When we are trying to enter to that database with 3.7 client it gaves an error:

The user table contains a value in a code field that can not be used with Microsoft Bussiness Solution - Navision
Field: User ID
Value: NaVaDMIN

In SQL we see it uppercase, we update it just in case and gives the same error... any idea to recover this database????

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Remove the value with a SQL-statement. Then when all is ok, add the value again directly from Navision.
    Let's hope there is only 1 value and not more....
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    Do you have any idea on how a mixed case value got into your database? I have seen this in the past when users or other programs have direct acces to SQL tables. It could be a harmless mistake or this incorrect data could be a sign that there is a user or process doing something they shouldn't in the back end database.

I always recommend that clients treat any Navision database in SQL as READ ONLY to prevent any inconsistencies and problems with the Navision Client. If an outside application needs to write data into Navision I always use a seperate stating table that has all text fields and then have a codeunit/report/form do the work of movin the data from a staging table into proper Navision tables.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com