Old Navision server on pull-down list will not disappear

krussellmkrussellm Member Posts: 11
One of our clients has an old Navision server that is no longer running. When I click the lookup button from the "database... open" screen I see both the old server and new Navision server. This happens when connecting from any client computer or another server. They do not want to see the old Navision server in the lookup.

I have checked myself to make sure that the old database server has been uninstalled and there is no service running on that server. I have used the command prompt to make sure the service has been uninstalled. I tried installing the service manually from the command prompt to see if there was a port conflict but nothing, then I uninstalled to make sure it was gone. I have checked the Windows services and carefully looked for any service that might be running. I have also checked the "hosts" file on the old server and other client computers and nothing is mapped to a Navision port on that old server. I have deleted zup files, which should matter for this. I have verified that the old name server is going to the correct IP address and reversed.

Is there something very simple that I am missing?

The client is running Windows 2000 Server w/SP4 on the old server which now seems to be their primary DNS server. They are using Navision 4.0 SP1 on a new server running Windows 2003 Enterprise R2 w/SP1.

Comments

• todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    krussellm wrote:
    One of our clients has an old Navision server that is no longer running. When I click the lookup button from the "database... open" screen I see both the old server and new Navision server. This happens when connecting from any client computer or another server. They do not want to see the old Navision server in the lookup.

I have checked myself to make sure that the old database server has been uninstalled and there is no service running on that server. I have used the command prompt to make sure the service has been uninstalled. I tried installing the service manually from the command prompt to see if there was a port conflict but nothing, then I uninstalled to make sure it was gone. I have checked the Windows services and carefully looked for any service that might be running. I have also checked the "hosts" file on the old server and other client computers and nothing is mapped to a Navision port on that old server. I have deleted zup files, which should matter for this. I have verified that the old name server is going to the correct IP address and reversed.

Is there something very simple that I am missing?

The client is running Windows 2000 Server w/SP4 on the old server which now seems to be their primary DNS server. They are using Navision 4.0 SP1 on a new server running Windows 2003 Enterprise R2 w/SP1.
    Are you using Active Directory ? This is the place where the server will be registered if you added the schema extension to AD after installing the server.
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)