Changin the signs of a number in reports

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I must admint that this is a very simple question but I can't find an answer to it. How do I make a number look negative when positive or vice-versa in a report?

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You can stick a negative (-) sign in front of it (I think it works on variables). If not you can multiply it by -1.
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    For some reason which I simply can't understand mutiplying it by -1 results in a zero. Can it be that I have a property which I don't know about?

I understand that this is a very simple question but I simply can't find a solution to it. Usually just through multiplication it works perfectly but this time it is zeroing the number
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Perhaps you could post your code. Maybe just a simple syntax mistake. I know I've done it enough times.
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    I have just solved it by simply mutiplying it in the pre-section of the section. Thanks for your help
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    the normal place to do such action is in the onaftergetrecord trigger. This trigger is runned, after the data is catched from the table, but before it is shown in the form.
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com