NAV 5.0 (SQL): Can not select database

strykstryk Member Posts: 645
Hi all!

Well, I think this issue was already discussed, by I can't find the thread here ...

The problem is this:
After a technical upgrade - now 3.70 application on 5.00 C/SIDE - with SQL Server 2005 the NAV client does not show the databases when trying to connect to the server. When connecting a NAV clienet directly on the server, I can - at least - manually enter the db name, but this doesn't work with the remote clients.

I guess it's a "security thing" - any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Jörg
Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
STRYK System Improvement
The Blog - The Book - The Tool

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Do you have the user name and password entered when you look up to the database name? Also, was the database created with a NAV backup or by converting it?
  • strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Hi Daniel!

The database was simply converted by accessing it with NAV 5.00. And I have to admit, that I haven't seen this problem myself, it was reported from my customer who has done the conversion himself.
    I'll ask him ...
    STRYK System Improvement
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I had and still have that problem with SQL Server 2005 on XP.
    I have not had that problem when SQL Server 2005 is hosted on Windows 2003 Server.
  • strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    ... hmmm ... my customer runs Windows Server 2003 R2 64bit ...
    STRYK System Improvement
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Maybe going from 3.7 al the way up to 5.0 by just converting the database has something to do with it. They should try the 'correct' way and restore a 3.7 backup into a new 5.0 database.

I've seen it where it won't list the server names, but once you enter the server name it should always list the valid databases for that user.

I don't think you answered my question if they entered the username and password when they hit the lookup button.