Get the name of values in flowfilter field in report

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
I have one report containing locationfilter field.
When I run the report I insert values in this field .
When the report executed can we get the name of those location which I insert into locationfilter field.
The Field name :- Locationfilter
datatype:- Code
FieldClass:- Flowfilter

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You can get the values of filters ONLY in the OnPreReport-trigger.
    Use GETFILTER("Some Field") to get the filter of a certain field and GETFILTERS for all filters.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    No I got the filter values but what I want to
    Like if ur selecting vendor no. in General Journal it will automatically get the name of that vendor.
    Just like this When insert locations in location filter field I want to get there names. Can I do this?? How??
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That is not possible in a filter-field.
    You would have to make a new field in the requestform, add an extra field in which you put the name and the code to do that, you have to put in the OnAfterValidate-trigger of the first field.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Your problem might functionally be completely different from this pretty technical question, so here's a few options.

If the Location code is part of the table in your dataitem, you could add a lookup flowfield to the location name and do a CALCFIELD on that field in OnAfterGetRecord. It's going to kill performance if that report is bigger.

You could also program the lookup in code, but then you'll have the same performance issue.

Then you could sort the data by location and only get the location if the value of the Location Code changes.